forum sur l airsoft coté western dans la region centre

AccueilCalendrierGalerieFAQMembresRechercherGroupesS'enregistrerConnexion

Partagez | 

Presentation - Be warned, it's in English!

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
alynora

MessageSujet: Presentation - Be warned, it's in English!   Sam 16 Nov - 12:49

Hello all. Finally got around to making this introduction (Happy, Charles? and yes, the rest of you can "blame" him for inviting me Razz)

Anyways, hi, I'm Heather. I'm ~42 yrs old, living in the Netherlands, and am American. Born in the Chicago area, raised in Wisconsin, went back to Chicago, and have been over here in Europe the last 10 years or so (reason? My husband is Dutch).

Yes, I can read & understand French if it's not spoken too fast, but I am waaaay out of practice in speaking or writing it. I lost a lot of it while having to learn Dutch. So please bear with me!

Wild Dust was my first Western LARP and is where I heard about this one. Black Hills will be my first airsoft event. However, I've been re-enacting, volunteering at living history museums, performing at renaissance faires or doing other larps since I was ... 10 years old, give or take?

Anyways, I look forward to meeting and playing with all of you!
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
the punisher

MessageSujet: Re: Presentation - Be warned, it's in English!   Sam 16 Nov - 17:03

to be welcome Very Happy 
Kinéton

MessageSujet: Re: Presentation - Be warned, it's in English!   Sam 16 Nov - 19:07

Very happy to have you for this LARP ! U already know that Wink
The long way from your home... gives me more presure to make you happy with your "rôle".
Every informations (in french sorry) about GN Black Hills will be there : http://airsoft-oldwest-45.forumgratuit.org/f15-gn-soft-black-hills
Oré

MessageSujet: Re: Presentation - Be warned, it's in English!   Sam 16 Nov - 20:37

Hi ! Welcome in the West !!
alynora

MessageSujet: Re: Presentation - Be warned, it's in English!   Dim 17 Nov - 12:22

Thanks Smile

and no pressure really. I find it amusing (ironic) enough that to be welcomed back into the "West" when I am from the 'Midwest'. I'm sure I'll be happy one way or the other. Not to mention, in the US, I did primarily European history events, and now here in the EU I will be doing American history things. LOL Very Happy

(ok exceptions were the living history museums (colonial, fur trade - early 1900's) and things like Feast of the Hunter's Moon ) 17-18th century colonial) I guess this just brings me back to my roots a bit Smile

Oré

MessageSujet: Re: Presentation - Be warned, it's in English!   Lun 18 Nov - 9:38

It's amusing to wish to an american lady "welcome in the west", on a french forum !!Wink 

Kineton is going to make a bilingual LARP with the black hill event ! So great !

Kinéton

MessageSujet: Re: Presentation - Be warned, it's in English!   Lun 18 Nov - 18:13

attend qu'elle parle en lakota ! et je ne bluff pas..
alynora

MessageSujet: Re: Presentation - Be warned, it's in English!   Jeu 21 Nov - 10:20

ehhh, only a word or two, the rest I have to make up. Looks like I'll have to take a few more lakota lessons Rolling Eyes 
Kinéton

MessageSujet: Re: Presentation - Be warned, it's in English!   Jeu 21 Nov - 18:48

then I'll be in first line for your lakota lesson in the camp ! (great idea ... )
le breton

MessageSujet: Re: Presentation - Be warned, it's in English!   Ven 22 Nov - 8:19

Degemermat Very Happy 
Tal

MessageSujet: Re: Presentation - Be warned, it's in English!   Mer 27 Nov - 9:47

Hi !! Welcome to the west Lady,

I would like to learn lakota with you and try to together.

So Are you Al capone's Daughter ? Wink 

See you soon in a Black hill event

Tal Capone Very Happy 
alynora

MessageSujet: Re: Presentation - Be warned, it's in English!   Jeu 16 Jan - 15:03

Uh oh! I definitely do not know enough of the Lakota language to be able to give lessons! Though, I do know someone who'd be more than happy to give a bit of a talk about 'real Indians', especially since he is one. But of course, he's in the US, so that's not so easy.

Nope, no relation to Al Capone... That's silly Razz
Tal

MessageSujet: Re: Presentation - Be warned, it's in English!   Jeu 16 Jan - 21:58

alynora a écrit:
Uh oh! I definitely do not know enough of the Lakota language to be able to give lessons!  Though, I do know someone who'd be more than happy to give a bit of a talk about 'real Indians', especially since he is one. But of course, he's in the US, so that's not so easy.

Nope, no relation to Al Capone...  That's silly Razz

ok thank you for the clarification Alynora  Wink , but the few words you'll teach me, this is a good start.  cheers 

See you soon,

Tal

maddox

MessageSujet: Re: Presentation - Be warned, it's in English!   Jeu 30 Jan - 7:51

Tal a écrit:
alynora a écrit:
Uh oh! I definitely do not know enough of the Lakota language to be able to give lessons!  Though, I do know someone who'd be more than happy to give a bit of a talk about 'real Indians', especially since he is one. But of course, he's in the US, so that's not so easy.

Nope, no relation to Al Capone...  That's silly Razz

ok thank you for the clarification Alynora  Wink , but the few words you'll teach me, this is a good start.  cheers 

See you soon,

Tal

Ah ah by that question i suspect Mr Tal who want to recruit Alynora in his own gang the famous "Carson team" ;-)
Loticat

MessageSujet: Re: Presentation - Be warned, it's in English!   Jeu 6 Fév - 2:24

Hey what a surprise to find another American is going to take part in this Western event!! cheers  So we'll be 2!!
I'm actually half French and half American. I was born in LA (hard to find further West than that!! :p) but mostly grew up in France with regular visits to the States to see the family.

I'll be really excited to meet to you and have you tell me about your LARP and show events experiences in the US! In fact I am quite new to LARP and air-soft events. This will be my 1st big one with both combined!

Oh by the way, I'll be also interested in learning the few words you know of lakota! ^^

Cheers!
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://papillonnage-chemins-permaculture.blogspot.fr
alynora

MessageSujet: Re: Presentation - Be warned, it's in English!   Sam 22 Fév - 9:52

That's great Loticat! It'll be fun to meet you as well. Smile We'll definitely have to sit down and chat some TO style at some point.
Pergo

MessageSujet: Re: Presentation - Be warned, it's in English!   Sam 22 Fév - 10:57

So I guess we'll be juggling with two languages during the game? Heheheh

This can be fun Very Happy
Kinéton

MessageSujet: Re: Presentation - Be warned, it's in English!   Sam 22 Fév - 14:16

seulement si ton personnage a la compétence : Lakota parlé dans son BG.
Je réfléchis encore à faire apprendre en 3 mois le mandarin à mes quelques chinois du jeu...
alynora

MessageSujet: Re: Presentation - Be warned, it's in English!   Dim 23 Fév - 11:48

heh, I figured our organizer might have a comment or two regarding language competence... which is why I mentioned specifically a TO moment (if/when possible) with Lolicat Wink

so yeah, juggling 2-4 other languages: "Lakota" (which will be a smattering of the real language and made up words), English, French, or Dutch
Loticat

MessageSujet: Re: Presentation - Be warned, it's in English!   Dim 23 Fév - 21:35

Yes that would be really fun to change langages! But then in game, I suppose that French should reperesent English and English another language?...
Otherwise I think it won't be a problem for us to meet, I'll be serving at the saloon! Very Happy

Wenn ihr interessiert seid für andere Sprachen, dann kann ich sagen, dass Ich kein Hollandisch spreche, sondern kann ich Deutsch! Very Happy

Edit : je parle allemand et non pas hollandais! ^^

Dernière édition par Loticat le Lun 24 Fév - 0:29, édité 1 fois
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://papillonnage-chemins-permaculture.blogspot.fr
Kinéton

MessageSujet: Re: Presentation - Be warned, it's in English!   Dim 23 Fév - 21:42

Wunderbar ! l'ouest et sa mixité culturel, que rever de mieux pour l'immersion ?

en effet en jeu français=anglais, anglais=lakota, chinois=???
On est pas des sauvages (enfin les blancs, non !), vous pourrez papoter comme vous voudrez Wink
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Presentation - Be warned, it's in English!   

Presentation - Be warned, it's in English!
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1